Thursday, April 17, 2014

Week 11

It's chilly this morning, but the sun is shining and I see Spring! We had a small but productive class on Tuesday.

Just a few notes to keep in mind for the next and last weeks of class...

Be working on the Apologetics paper. I will give them some time in class on Tuesday to ask questions and edit their papers. It would be fun to do some peer editing! I am not expecting a finished product until the last week, at which time they will share their ideas with the class. I explained the topic and purpose of the paper to them and how nicely LTW format can be used. Of course, their ANI charts will have mostly "A's" and "I's" in it, since they will be affirming a Biblical Truth.

I am giving them copies of blank maps of each country for the final Geography memory test, as well as features for each country. However without help, I expect that they will be able to draw, from memory, the entire Earth. Label the continents, oceans, and important lines of latitude and longitude. So...they will come home that day with many maps for their teachers to peruse. It would be a great way to spend time in May for them to fill in what they leave out on Week 15.

Remember that there will be a Latin open book test on that last day to see how well they can remember the main topics taught this year. It is my plan to get them checked in class!

The sharks are here and smelling up my dining room! We will watch a live demonstration of a shark dissection on Tuesday, so they will be good and ready to "dive in" on Week 15. Mrs. Ward is going to come in to help with the dissection, which I hope will be outside under the trees. Pray for nice weather!

Please send me an email about snack. I think it is the Wolowitz family and they will be gone next week...I think! The last day snacks will be provided by the Harrell and Garmer families.

On Week 15, I am treating the children to a pizza lunch with soft drinks. Mrs. Ward is going to be bringing in some cupcakes for dessert.

Please refer to the guide for any assignments for the week. If you need to me, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Blessings for a thoughtful week remembering the soberness of the cross and the joyfulness of the empty tomb!

Praises!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment